Tuesday 3 February 2015

Veganuary wrap up

After 34 days vegan I can definitely see health benefits from a vegan diet (and life style)


  • lost almost 2 kg with no effort (a little over 3 pounds); i still eat chocolate and desserts when i feel like it but of course most of the desserts at restaurants have dairy. I like Alpro chocolate desserts and snack on a lot of almonds and unsalted cashews both for the taste and the protein.
  • my skin is brighter - I feel so clean inside out
  • my nails are stronger !
  • I sleep better
  • I've replaced my breakfast toast or croissant for a breakfast smoothie (this was the biggest change in my eating habits). I make a smoothie to go usually with fresh fruit and vegetables and either tea, water or soy milk and add some superfruits like chia seeds. They keep me fed for the morning and are quick and easy to prepare at home, nothing processed and especially no animal products !
  • Weaning yourself off cheese is a habit ! Cheese is addictive... and you can live without it. To be honest the first 10-15 days were bad because you are used to grab for cheese. But now I've found that Vegan cheeses are booming at the supermarket which is a great sign. I prepare all of the dishes i used to make but use vegan cheese.
  • Right now we are in the process of transitioning all our home cleaning products and my make up for vegan products. Also, not that difficult once you know where to get them. I've found vegan body moisturizer, shower gel, deodorant, toilet cleaner, fabric softener ... !
I know my diet has much more variety then it used to have, for e.g. 1 year ago. I am addicted to greens and need to have some everyday. I am not taking any food supplements and i am curious to make some blood tests in some weeks to check out my cholesterol.



Bye bye Veganuary, Hello Vegan Life.