Thursday 16 October 2014

Replacing Eggs

You may think that because you don't eat meat your food is cruelty free, and most importantly blood free. Think again. Egg laying hens suffer a lot to lay an average of 300 eggs per year (all year long not only in spring) and all male chicks born into the industry are killed, macerated, short after they are born, because they are useless.

So what can we do to replace eggs in our diet?
See this post I have here

So sometimes we can use tofu, or milk, or tofu and milk. What about in baking? I love baking so this has been a big question for me.

In baking, as above described - from www.chooseveg.com - you can easily substitute 1 egg for banana, applesauce, vinegar and baking soda, water and flax seeds, tofu or soy yogurt.

Some other really good egg replacing ideas I found here and you can view them at your own risk-of-getting-seriously-hungry :D

Frittata 

Omelett 

Quiche

I'll try them soon and see how they go and what adjustments I make. When I do, i'll post it.
For Happy Hens !