Monday 17 August 2015

Disneyland Paris: Walt's restaurant review


Next dinner at Disneyland Paris: the ever so famous Walt's restaurant on Main Street. We had a table booked and everyone was very nice and receptive. The decoration is very fancy and vintage with pictures of Walt Disney and you feel pampered as you sit.



I asked the waiter for suggestions without dairy and eggs. He had to check with their chef and returned with the Natama menu! So it exists... I wonder how many people working at the other restaurants know about this, or bother to get it.


I quickly chose the tomato soup, the veggie pasta and the caramelized pear.
After a while they asked if it was ok that these meals aren't prepared onsite but get shipped in frozen. I said that's ok as long as it's vegan I'm fine with it.

After a while I got a 'pleasant' surprise: all 3 courses got served at the same time and ... in their plastic packaging! They didn't even take them out and placed the food on proper plates!

Ok so common, when you are paying 36€ per person and you are ok with frozen food then at least take it out of the plastic and serve it on a proper plate... and each course at a time. My boyfriend got fancy food, served on (imagine the luxury) proper plates and each course at a time.

Then I asked for bread. "Your special bread is on its way" I explained I am not gluten intolerant. But they ignored this.
Then they said that my special bread was all gone. I asked again for regular bread AS I AM
NOT GLUTEN INTOLERANT. 
They said "no, because bread *might have milk in it "... 

My dinner out of 'tupperwares'


So there I was at my 30th birthday dinner, eating at a fancy restaurant in Disneyland... from a plastic pot :) veganism is not a disease people! We love food too...

However the soup was amazing, really tasty.

The pasta was dry, I had to put salt and pepper and olive oil to get some taste into it. Some parts were frozen and everything got cold again by the time my boyfriend got his main course served so I had to ask to reheat it...

The dessert: the caramelized pear pure was nice but missing some cinnamon perhaps to taste more like a dessert and less like baby food.

(Plastic Cup again)

I rate this
3/10 for the quality of food*
9/10 for the decoration
7/10 for staff's friendliness 
3/10 for the price*

* my low rating is mostly due to the plastic cups and charging the same price as a regular menu. I felt like eating take away food at a fancy place. I felt insulted that this was served in plastic cups for 36 euros and that they do not have a vegetarian meal a la carte without cheese.

! This restaurant is not vegan friendly !