Wednesday 19 August 2015

Disneyland Paris: lunch time (part 3)


Walt Disney studio park:

1) We tried going to the only fast food restaurant with several entrances.
Huge fast food restaurant with one veggie burger option at 9.99€
And a salad option 6.99€



I asked Patrizia, a waiter, about the veggie burger. She said she was going to get the allergic menu and was gone. After 10 min with no Patrizia in sight we left. I am 99% sure it is the same vegetable burger as all the other fast food restaurants here, so not vegan, so watch out for this.

2) we went to the restaurant with buffet: 


Restaurant des Stars. Looks a bit like a diner from the 50s. The lady at the desk insisted they have loads of things for me to eat... I was suspicious about the way she talked. I asked to go have a look first. So I went in and looked around. Again as I wrote yesterday buffets have chefs supervising the food. I asked a chef but she did not speak English very well. She told me to wait a second and came back with the head chef. He almost did not speak English but was very nice. As I told him no meat no fish no eggs no milk no cream no cheese he looked worried.
Then he said to someone "bring me the allergy menu"
I quickly asked "Natama ??"
Yes..
I told him no. "Natama no, it's .." And made a puking movement.
He grinned and started to apologize. Everything in the buffet has animal ingredients: even the rice and potatoes have butter.
We thanked and left.

3) We then tried the Blockbuster Cafe next to the restaurant des Stars
We didn't enter but the menu seems to have a vegan bruschetta, and that's it



4) We left the park and headed to the Rainforest Cafe restaurant: 
They have two options: a veggie burger with mozzarella and a natural pasta with vegetables and Parmesan. They called a manager and he said it would be ok for them to remove the cheese.
We were shown to our table and the manager came and let the waiter know of my "allergy". I thanked and asked for the pasta with no cheese.

The plate consisted of udon noodles which were overcooked as were the asparagus (soggy and soft)


The vegetables looked a bit mushy after starting to eat:



My boyfriend had the soya burger with mozzarella (vegetarian) with avocado, onion rings and chips. I tried the onion rings and they were tasty.



rate this

6/10 for the quality of food*
10/10 for the decoration
9/10 for staff's friendliness 
6/10 for the price*

* the mushy vegetables and udon pasta cost 19€
In other circumstances I would be ranging at the price vs quality but at Disneyland my standards have gone down a lot :(

The decoration is pretty cool: it's like a tropical jungle and they have two huge elephants that move from time to time and make sounds.