Monday 17 August 2015

Disneyland Paris at Lunch Time (part 1)


I am amazed how on one hand Disneyland Paris has timon and pumba on TV telling children to be healthy and eat their vegetables and fruit and on the other hand I have not been able to find fresh fruit since I got here. It's all about sugar and fat, and sadly meat.

We were looking for lunch today: without meat or dairy or eggs. It was nearly impossible !

1) we went into the Challet de la Marionette as on our allergy leaflet it said they should have the Natama menu and some veggie options.
They had a veggie burger with fries, but before ordering I asked the girl if it had dairy.
She took out a huge book with all allergy advice ingredients and told me that it had milk. She suggested that I take the chicken nuggets instead but I explained we don't eat meat. 
Her reply: "oh that makes things much harder !!"
Me: "Ok, so what can I eat?"
Her reply "chips?!?!?"...


So we left.
Challet de la Marionette is not vegan friendly 


2) Casey's Corner
We walked down Main Street and went into an American diner. There was a man at the door handing menus. I kindly asked him if there was anything without dairy and eggs he swiftly said "NO" so we left.
Apparently there was a salad on the menu but given his kindness of not trying to accommodate us we didn't bother staying.


Casey's Corner is not vegan friendly


3) We tried another restaurant from the allergy leaflet that should have the Natama menu (the gluten and egg and dairy free menu that Disneyland Paris advertises to have throughout the park): Annette's in the Disneyland Village area. 
We went in and there was a girl at reception. I asked her about the Natama menu showing her my Disneyland leaflet and she barely spoke english. She said there was "this" menu. I asked where, what menu options did I have, what could I eat. 
The lady got annoyed and pulled out a huge thick book: with all allergen advises and ingredients from the dishes they serve; without saying a word. I checked and the only two dairy free options were: chips and ketchup. 


So we left.
Annette's is not vegan friendly, or friendly at all. 


4) We tried out luck just in front of Annette's at Planet Hollywood. We were received by Natalia, a wonderful nice girl, who suggested the penne a la pesto with roasted vegetables for me. I also took a mango and raspberry smoothie. The service was quick, impeccable, the food delicious (there's also a portobello mushroom burger on the menu which you can order without cheese) and everyone was super nice to us. They also take your picture if you'd like a souvenir.


Planet Hollywood is vegan friendly

I rate Planet Hollywood

8/10 for the quality of food
9/10 for the decoration
10/10 for staff's friendliness 
8/10 for the price