Thursday 21 August 2014

Recipe #3 Vegetable Couscous (vegan)

Shopping list


  • 1 cup of dry couscous
  • 1 + 1/2 cups of hot vegetable stock
  • 1 teaspoon of turmeric, dry parsley
  • salt & pepper
  • Olive oil
  • A mix of roasted vegetables (such as asparagus, zucchini,  carrots)



Method 
For this recipe I used asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, chickpeas and peas, but it works with any vegetable you have at home.
I roasted the asparagus and zucchini and set this aside.
Then in my wok I heated some olive oil and added 1 chickpea can, 1 can of peas and some mushrooms diced in 4. I set this aside.
In a big bowl I added the couscous with some turmeric and parsley. I poured over this the hot vegetable stock and stired a bit, not too much as you dont want to loose the steam. Cover this as soon as you can with a cloth and let it rest for around 5-10min. When this is done you will have nice cooked couscous as a base for your vegetables.
Serve the couscous in a deep dish (add some spoons of vegetable stock if you don't like it very dry), then add some of the chickpeas and peas and mushrooms. And then add the roasted asparagus and diced zucchini half-es.