Tuesday 16 June 2015

My weight loss journey (part 2)

After loosing 10 kg in the past 10 months (5kg due to just eating vegan & healthy and the other 5kg due to working out) I have just adjusted my plan. Now starts the hard part. I am 10 kg from my ideal weight (for my height) and 15kg far from my perfect weight, which is my current goal.

So I would like to share my current workout plan & diet


  • Cardio for 45 minutes (these 45 minutes are / should be measured against the time you are in "the zone". Your target heart rate ranges from 50 to 85 percent of your maximum heart rate. If you exercise in the fat burning zone, your heart rate stays in the lower end of the range, not exceeding 70 percent. ). This consists usually of a 30 minute run, followed by 15 or 20 minutes cross-trainer. 4x a week
  • Weights (leg and arm exercises): a tailored plan to get arms and legs strong enough to endure more and more cardio. Building up muscles makes you burn more fat.
  • Reduction of carbs in my diet (especially in the evenings). My usual dinner now consists of a low carb soup such as Butternut squash with baby spinach leaves or vegan protein burger with side salad.
  • Increase of protein (and especially on workout days). I try to eat at least 1 Nakd bar (strawberry crunch bar, 5.5g of protein), 1-2 tablespoons of chia in my smoothie in the morning, 1 cup of soya milk per day and 1 meal with protein based ingredient (chickpeas, Wheat protein, tofu, beans, etc), hemp protein in my shakes.
  • Drink plenty of water. I drink at least 2lt of water (plain water, not counting my juices or smoothies) and sometimes up to 3lt. This increases your metabolic rate, making you burn more calories and also cleanses your body from toxins.