Monday 21 December 2015

"My Life as an Undercover Investigator"


Mainly, I witnessed horrific scenes like mother pigs getting beaten with metal rods to force them back into farrowing crates after getting their first chance to walk in months. I watched them roar in helpless despair as their piglets were violently yanked from their teats and castrated in front of their faces. I watched countless egg-laying hens die of thirst, starvation, or trampling after their broken legs or wings became trapped in their cages. And I watched mother cows spend days bellowing for their stolen calves as if this was the first time it had happened. For me, these memories illustrate the tragedy of the modern animal farm. You need only look to see that these intelligent animals are paying an unfathomable cost to satisfy our habit for cheap meat, eggs and dairy. 


My Life as an Undercover Investigator - by Cody Carlson
Full article - http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?catId=5&pageId=4676



(this is what a baby pig and his mommy should be like)

(not 'mass' produced ...)


See LUCENT here
Lucent is a feature-length documentary about the vast yet largely unseen suffering inherent to Australia's pig farming industry.