Monday 19 October 2015

My weight loss journey (part 3)



It's been 7 months since I started my fitness routine. For the past 2 months it has been hard to shed some weight, I have been happily eating to my heart's content and not putting on weight either. But mostly I feel i'm still loosing size, but which is not reflected on the scale. I've lost 4% body fat since I started 7 months ago and I'm thinking of signing up for a 1/2 marathon next year. I'm not sure if the changes are noticeble from the below picture but I feel my legs much more toned and strong, as well as my tummy !




I am very happy to have dropped 4 denim trouser sizes and I currently fit comfortable into a size 10 (tops and bottoms!). Small everyday victories.

Last week I ran for charity an 8k run and found to have beaten my PB even with some knee pain and a recovering Achilles Tendon (spreading the vegan message yeahhhhh!)I finished under 56min





Currently my cardio workout consists of a short run (around 3k run) or a 30min spinning class. Then I have been focusing on my weight lifting plan. Squats with weight lifting, planks, donkey kicks (with 2,5kg ankle weight), side leg lifts with ankle weights and lunges.
This has made my legs stronger to support me in longer runs, such as 8k and 10k